Saturday, January 11, 2014

Getting Acquainted

First I should start this blog by saying that it will be filled with not only my experiences through teacher assisting and student teaching but also my mistakes, fumbles, slip ups, successes, triumphs, and anything else I can think of that has/will either strike out with my students or prove to be a home run. That being said this whole adventure into the world of teaching mathematics starts with this semester of teacher assisting. And that's where this blog will begin.

With this first "week", if you can even call it that, came my first experience teacher assisting. And I have to say I was extremely nervous for my first day and though I've known since the third grade I wanted to be a teacher I was still nervous going into the classroom that this would end up being something that I wasn't meant to do or couldn't do. I can confidently say that this was NOT the case at all and after this first week of teacher assisting I am more confident than ever that teaching is exactly what I was meant to do with my life. I truly love being in the classroom and working with the students and cannot wait to see what the rest of this semester has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment